Cop tix now LA, this ain’t like #RootsPicnic where I can list you at my own event. Once they sold out.....that’s bout as good as I can do yo
Just announced! The Roots celebrate the 20th anniversary of their groundbreaking “Things Fall Apart” on August 28 #atthebowl, performing the album in its entirety with help from very special guests.
w great power comes great responsibility. Some chose to utilize their money. Some manipulate their talent. Some exercise fear—-but lemme tell you. This #ClarenceAvant doc on @netflix is a life lesson for all of us. Don’t See the title & be like “meh, Black Godfather I wont relate” or “another music doc?”—-this is life lesson. I mean forget the fact that if 2 presidents, 7 major label execs, 4 people who have been in Guinness World Records....that alone—-if THEY take the time out to sing your praises then it’s worth a peep. But what I want y’all to get that I can’t hammer the point hard enough in any post/tweet/entry/book I write is the importance of networking and relationships.
Quincy ain’t Quincy cause of his arranging skills. His best skill is relationships.
Obama wasn’t Obama cause he spoke so well. He nuanced all his relationships: he could talk to The Queen Of England AND E40 smell me?
That is prolly my weakest place in life (look at that IG story I put up last night bragging about the near 200k emails and messages I never opened. That actually makes me a horrible person. Almost got into it last night w a colleague because of my horrible communication skills. Psssssh to keep it super real I just got fired from a project from the same thing. Having the talent to execute is not even a quarter of it. showing up and on time is a part of it too. This doc has taught me that relationships and clear communication is KEY. When I adjust THIS AREA of my life? Psssssh maaaaayne! #TheBlackGodfather watch NOW. then make 5 creatives and 10 loved ones watch. This is necessary viewing. For ALL OF YOU.
1) this is @RootsPicnic I been talking and talking bout this since Feb. we expanded to #FairmountPark because the demand is outta this world. All you last min people now know when a mofo tells you mad early to cop tix DO IT. Damn near sold out.
2. This is complete #RootsPicnic lineup, but there is everything: food villages/games/arcades/podcast stages/silent discos/lifestyle tents/& duh of course we not talking about the surprises in store
3. Plenty of parking/pickup locations/options to make getting to and from the picnic easy
4. The @KissNGrind party is damn near a religion. THAT’s where I’ll be spinning afterwards. Follow em. Or follow @flygirrl for info.
5. Sunday morning take the family and kids rollerskating at @blue_cross_riverrink my #Breaks4Kids party will be in effect. 12-3
6. Every year: @sundaephilly party in effect 6pm until I can’t give no more.
Philly I’m giving you 3.5 hrs of picnic love (@qls/ @raphael_saadiq/ @theroots) & 10 hrs of djn.