When it comes to incorporating the color dusty blue into your wedding, sometimes it can be tricky. .
Linens, dresses, ties, dinnerware such as glasses or chargers are all good go to’s but what about flowers?
Here’s our TOP 3 Dusty Blue Flowers recommendations.
1) LIGHT BLUE DELPHINIUM. It’s got several blooms on their long stems and is versatile to use in boutonnières, centerpieces, bouquets, and focal pieces like a floral arch (all seen in today’s BLOG POST-link in profile).
2) DUSTY MILLER. This soft, furry leaf comes in a couple different varieties. Lacy Leaf which has a vintage, intricate feel or Large Leaf which works well in many different style arrangements.
3. EUCALYPTUS. There are numerous varieties with different shape leaves. They take on a bluish-green tone but when paired with other like tone flowers and put with a gorgeous dusty blue linen or against a dusty blue dress, it takes on the dusty blue tones.
Non-Flower Options for bringing in your shade of blue to your wedding is with attire: Your tie or suit. Compliment it by finishing off your boutonnière in coordinating ribbon. We do this combo more than half the time with keeping a white bloom and bringing in the blue through the ribbon.
We'll be talking more exactly which flowers come in dusty blue tomorrow!
Over the years, just about every client has choosen to incorporate garlands into their wedding flowers! Here are the TOP 3 reasons why they are so beloved and a MUST HAVE!
1. They make a STATEMENT. Period.
2. They are VERSATILE. They can be go on a fireplace mantel (☝🏼), rectangular tables as centerpieces, the back of bride & groom chairs, traveling along tent cords (we did over 1,000 foot garland one time for this exact purpose), get away car decor, draping around doorways/entrances/wooden beams, welcome signs, and so many other places. The possibilities are endless.
3. They can be LESS EXPENSIVE verses full on florals. Don’t get us wrong, we love lush florals! Anytime you add in those pretty blooms, pricing will increase. Greenery in general is less expensive and can be a great solution if you’re trying to keep things within a certain price range.
🌿. This above picture is from @kristinacurtisphotography from one of our clients weddings where the garland was the focal piece for their ceremony.
Happy Sunday Friends!
We have a few things to be thankful for today!
1) Part 2 of Ren & Negin’s gorgeous destination wedding is on our blog💙 Documented by @kristinacurtisphotography and it is BEAUTIFUL! Be sure to take a look at the link in our profile.
2) We were notified that @martha_weddings wants to feature a bouquet we designed.🤗 We are grateful for the opportunities we’ve been presented with over the years and being able to work with amazing colleagues and clients that make what we do so enjoyable.
3) Today is a day of rest and rejuvenation which we are fully enjoying before we take on this busy week of consultations, floral presentations, and bids📑
We hope you are enjoying your Sunday and that you get some R&R in to take on this coming week👊🏼
One of the best kinds of sweets is kindness.
Our friend @kristinacurtisphotography worded it beautifully, “Whether you’re celebrating Valentines with a lover, a sibling, friend, parent, or even by yourself it doesn’t matter. Today is all about kindness and love and we need more of it in this world so let’s share it!! Be sure to give an extra smile or open the door for someone. You never know what people are going through!!”
Happy Valentines Day Friends!
PC: @kristinacurtisphotography from one of our clients weddings.