Currently waiting for my @wholefoods order to be delivered via Prime Now. 🙃 Especially excited for the double chocolate muffins I ordered because stress eating is real! 😂
Seriously tho. I had to make a last minute decision to skip out on an event tonight with one of my favorite brands because I need to finish my annotated bibliography by tomorrow night 😪 Grad school is certainly taking a toll on my social life but at the same time, I know all these sacrifices will be worth it!
As @nipseyhussle said, “it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon 🏁” Focused on the long-term and accepting the struggles of this temporary situation 🙏🏼 send good vibes my way y’all cause it’s going to be a long night!!
Happiest birthday to this selflessly creative, occasionally annoying, sometimes weird, often times napping, forever complaining that it’s hot but always down to help friends + family, and has spent the last 6.5 years making sure I’m forever happy and fed — thank you for all that you do, for being authentically you, and such an amazing support system. I love you.
Make sure to wish @KSOLE_ a happy birthday y’all!
I honestly did not realize that there was a way to be even more relaxed at @Squeeze.
Partnered up with Sagely Naturals, @Squeeze now offers CBD lotions to compliment your experience. I tried the Tranquility one during my visit and felt much calmer and rested after my massage. The best part is that there's no additional charge to add it on! Simply request a CBD lotion of your choice during your treatment and thank me later ;) .
📚3 tips for staying organized —
(how I manage grad school + blogging full-time).
1. Ask for help: I’ve always been super independent but honestly, no one can do it ALL by themselves. I have amazing managers who help me with the blog side (emails, negotiations, project mgmt) and such a great support system to ensure I stay motivated and focused on school. My BF has been a big help in taking care of errands and household tasks for me, whenever I’m studying (and we don’t even live together 😍).
2. Write it down! I use a @google calendar, desktop calendar, bullet journal and monthly agenda — a little excessive? Maybe. BUT writing things down helps me remember things so much more. My @Google calendar has all my school deadlines, blog project due dates, appt/events, birthday and bill reminders. My desktop calendar and monthly agenda are exclusively for school - weekly assignments, deadlines, school/degree info. My bullet journal is for everything from daily to-do lists, ideas and concepts for projects, venting sessions, etc.
3. Prioritize Your Time. I use time blocks in my day-to-day. Basically scheduling specified time frames on my day for specified tasks. Example: 8AM-10AM is set aside for my morning routine (that’s how long I give myself to get what I need done before I move onto another task). It helps me so much in staying focused on one thing at a time.
These are just some tips that have helped me manage both grad school & the blog. Hopefully they help you too — and remember to adjust them to your own personal habits accordingly. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions!
This is what happens when you don't share your food with me.
In support of @ALS, @Phoenix_Ha and I decided to participate in the #InYourFaceALS challenge and had a ton of fun -- well, I did at least ;) Today also marks the 5th year anniversary where the largest movement in medical history went viral in 2014 and brought global attention to fight #ALS.
_ "The pie #InYourFaceALS challenge is one of the many ways people can participate in the #ChallengeMe campaign. It’s an opportunity to say: You think I won’t take a pie in the face to help raise awareness about #ALS?" Join the challenge and raise awareness by throwing a pie to your loved ones face. Warning them ahead of time is optional.
💭 Happiest when I’m doing mundane, ordinary, and non Insta-worthy things 🙃 such as:
- drinking coffee while listening to my vinyls
- cleaning my apartment
- reading a book with my cats curled up next to me
- simply chatting with my closest friends over good food
- and being a passenger on drives around with @ksole_
These are things that I never bother documenting because they’re the most precious moments to me that I want to be fully present in.
I hope for all of us to always remember to ✨indulge✨ often in these types of moments in our lives, as it’s been said that the most regrets people have are usually taking for granted these types of things.
P.S. #ikeakitchenhack • built this little breakfast bar by just using a shelf top and brackets, which @ikeausa sells separately. Chair found at a garage sale years ago (and it’s a set but pulled the other out of the photo).
It’s a new week and it’s going to be a productive one! Wishing you all a good one and remember, it’s fucking July already. Let’s get shit done 🙌🏼 you got this.
👇🏼 This week’s schedule..
+ starting my second class today!! (for grad school) .
+ attending my third therapy session tomorrow (will be going every week this month to establish a solid relationship with my therapist) .
+ been into crystals lately so making it a point to read and learn more about them — visiting a local store with @jordonio today. .
+ promising myself to go twice a week to @thejyim (because I’ve been only going once a week for the last 3 weeks lmao) .
+ @ksole_ returns from his camping trip and has a championship 🏀 game Thursday — send good vibes! .
+ catching up with friends I haven’t seen in a minute 👋🏼 @johnthebaptistla@phoenix_ha .
+ getting my lashes refilled with @jadelash later this week. She’s the only one I love and trust with my lashes!! .