Cannelloni with Spinach-Cream Cheeze Filling 🍃💫 by @vegaliciously🍴 Recipe
INGREDIENTS (6 servings)
•800g fresh spinach leaves
•2 purple onion
•2 garlic cloves
•2tsp coconut oil
•1/3 tsp nutmeg
•250g almond cream cheese
•salt & pepper
•4 tbsp coconut oil
•4 tbsp all purpose flour
•300g soy milk (unsweetened)
•300g almond milk (unsweetened)
•1/2 tsp nutmeg
•salt & pepper
•100g vegan parmesan
•50g vegan parmesan
1. mince the onion & garlic. Heat a saucepan, melt the oil add the onion & garlic and cook until golden.
2. Add the spinach leaves and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the spieces and whisk.
4. Place the spinach with the cream cheese in a food processor and process until you reach a creamy mixture.
5. Place the mixture in a piping bag and fill the cannelloni.
6. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
7. Heat a saucepan, melt the oil, add the flour and whisk until it cooks.
8. Heat the milk and once warm add it to the flour.
9. Whisk throughly, add the spieces and bring to a boil.
10. When the sauce get thick add the parmesan and whisk. Pour the sauce over the cannelloni.
11. Top the cannelloni with more parmesan and cook in the oven until golden (+- 30 min)
Wild Mushroom Stroganoff Soup 🥣🍄 by @rabbitandwolves 🐰 Recipe
8 oz. Wild mushroom mix, sliced (I used baby bella, shiitake and oyster)
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1/2 a Sweet onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar
1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
5 C. Vegetable broth
1/2 C. Full fat coconut milk, I used Native Forest from Edward and Son's
2 C. Wide noodles, vegan
Salt and Pepper to taste
In a soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Add the sliced mushrooms, onions and garlic. Saute until the mushrooms and onions are cooked, about 3-5 minutes. The onions should be translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
Now add the sherry, and stir to get any bits off the bottom of the pot. Then add the tomato paste. Stir into the mushrooms and onions.
Now add the veggie broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Taste and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
Now add the noodles, reduce the heat a bit and simmer until the noodles are cooked al dente. Check the package instructions for how long that will probably be according to the type of noodles you have.
Taste and season as needed. Serve immediately!
Spinach Ravioli with Mushrooms 🍃🍄 by @biancazapatka 💫 Recipe
For the ravioli:
1 1/4 cup flour* (150 g) (gluten-free*, if needed)
1 1/4 cup semolina flour (150 g) (or sub more regular flour)
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water (150 ml)
2 tsp olive oil
For the spinach filling:
7 oz frozen spinach (200 g) thawed
3,5 oz plant-based cream cheese (100 g) (or cashew ricotta*)
5 tbsp Vegan Parmesan* (50 g) grated
salt, pepper (to taste)
For the mushrooms:
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
10 oz mushrooms (300 g)
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
salt, pepper (to taste)
Mix the flour, semolina and salt. Heap to a pile and press a well into the center. Pour in water and olive oil and knead to a smooth dough.
Then shape the dough into a ball, wrap in cling foil and place in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
Thaw spinach, squeeze to remove excess water and chop.
Add vegan parmesan, plant-based cream cheese / ricotta and the spices. Mix everything and season to taste. (If the filling is too dry, add a little bit of plant-based cream or milk.) To make ravioli:
Roll out the prepared pasta dough thinly on a lightly floured surface.
Cut out circles with a round form (such as a 3-inch glass or cookie cutter). Place approx. 1 tbsp of the spinach filling in the center of each circle. Brush the sides with a bit of water and fold over the filling into half circles. Carefully seal with your fingers and then press down lightly with a fork.
Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Let the ravioli slide in and simmer for 3-4 minutes until they float to the surface.
Then remove with a foam ladle and drain.
Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
Add chopped garlic and roast for approx. 30 seconds longer. Then deglaze with soy sauce, reduce the heat and sauté for further 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the drained ravioli. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
Tofu Wontons with Yellow Curry Broth 🍲🥬 by @hellolisalin ⭐️ Recipe
Yellow Curry Broth
1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
1 tablespoon minced ginger (about a 1-inch piece of ginger)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (mild spice)
6 cups vegetable broth*
1/2 teaspoon salt, add more if necessary
3/4 cup (175ml) full-fat coconut milk (can sub with low-fat coconut milk)
about 45 to 50 square dumpling wrappers
1 package of firm tofu (I used a 14-ounce package)
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 cups shredded green cabbage (ensure they are no longer than 1-inch pieces)
1 large carrot, grated (about 1 1/4 cups)
pinch of salt
4 scallions, sliced
black sesame seeds
Prepare the Broth: I like preparing the curry broth before making the dumplings because this allows more time for the flavors of the broth to develop.
Heat the 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot. Add the minced ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the curry powder and stir to coat the spices.
Add the vegetable broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt, cover the pot, and bring the broth to boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and swirl in the coconut milk. Let the broth simmer for about 10 minutes, covered. Turn off the heat and let the broth sit on the stove, covered, as you make the dumplings.
Make the Dumplings
Drain the tofu and wrap the tofu around a layer of paper towels. Press the tofu by placing the tofu block on a plate and weighing it down with a stack of plates. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the towels and cut the tofu into small 1/4-inch cubes.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan. Add the minced ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the cabbage, carrots, and a pinch of salt to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the tofu and scallions to the pan and add another pinch of salt. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Taste the filling. You want the the filling to be a smidgen saltier than you would normally prefer. The wonton wrappers will mellow out the saltiness of the filling.
Recipe continued in comments
Creamy Mushroom Pasta 🍝🍄 by @free_athlete💥 Recipe
125 g Champignon mushrooms
125 ml vegetable broth
120 ml soy cream
120 g of pasta
30 ml of white wine
1 Tsp olive oil
1/2 teaspoon agave syrup 1/2 clove garlic
How To Make:
1. Slice the mushrooms. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat. Put the onions in the pan and fry until they are glassy.
3. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are golden brown.
4. Add the agave syrup and caramelize for 1-2 minutes.
5. Deglaze with wine and vegetable stock and simmer.
6. Chop the rosemary and add to the pan.
7. Cook the pasta according to the packing instructions.
8. Add soy cream to the pan and simmer until the sauce is creamy.
9. If you want, you can also add 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water to the pan to add the sauce. Enjoy!
Easy, Cheesy Quesadillas 🍃🧀 by @bosh.tv 💥 Recipe
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Red Onion
1 Red Pepper
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp Salt
1 can Black Beans
1 can Sweetcorn
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Handful fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 - 2 packs Vegan Cheese
First start by prepping your ingredients. Chop the onion, pepper, garlic and tomatoes. Drain and rinse the sweet corn and black beans and set aside.
Heat the olive oil on a medium to high heat in a deep frying pan. Add the onion and red pepper and cook down until soft/golden.
Add the garlic, cumin and salt. Stir ingredients until mixed well.
Add the black beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar. Mix everything together until it's combined. Add in the chopped coriander and stir again.
Set this mixture aside and put a shallow frying pan on a low heat. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and spread around the pan. This step is optional if you have a non-stick pan but it will give the tortilla a golden colour.
Add a layer of vegan cheese, the bean mixture from earlier and another topping of vegan cheese to one half of the tortilla. Make sure not to over fill the wrap.
Fold over the other half of the tortilla with a spatula and press down on the top of the quesadilla to help the cheese melt and compact the ingredients.
Once your tortilla is cooked on both sides, it's ready to serve! Cut into triangles and serve with lime wedges, guac and salsa. Enjoy!
Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff 🍄🍚 by @elavegan 🍃 Recipe
1 onion diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
11 oz mushrooms, sliced (300 g)
4 tbsp white wine (optional)
1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
3/4 cup vegetable broth or water (180 ml)
3/4 cup plant-based milk or cream (180 ml)
2 tbsp cornstarch
Spice mixture: 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, a pinch of chili flakes, sea salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
Fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley (and/or tarragon), chopped
Serve with brown rice or pasta of choice
Heat oil in a large pan/skillet, add onion and fry for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
Now add the mushrooms and fry over medium heat for about 5 mins.
Pour in white wine (optional), vegetable broth, tamari (or soy sauce), and the spice mixture. I love adding nutritional yeast flakes as well but that's optional! Bring to a boil.
Add cornstarch to the plant-based milk or cream (I used canned coconut milk, however, almond milk, oat milk/cream or soy milk/cream is fine too) and stir to dissolve.
Pour the milk/cream mixture into the pan and cook on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings as to your preference.
Add fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley and/or tarragon to taste! Enjoy with brown rice or pasta of choice!
Madeleines 💛✨ by @nm_meiyee 💫
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
100g apple sauce
60g coconut oil or vegan butter or margarine
1/2 cup plant milk
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pure vanilla bean extract
Preheat oven to 180c.
Grease madeleine molds and dust with flour, set aside. Melt coconut oil/butter, set aside to cool to room temperature. Sift flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder and set aside. In a large bowl combine apple sauce, melted butter/coconut oil, milk, sugar. Gradually add dry mixture to wet and mix until mixture is thick and well combined.
Spoon batter into molds, place in fridge to rest for 15 mins. Bake at 180c for 15 to 17 minutes, until cake springs back to the touch and is golden brown.
Remove from molds to cooling rack and dust with powdered sugar.
Shiitake + Tofu Potstickers 🥟🍄 by @thevegansara 🌱
5 ounce package of shiitake mushrooms, 3 inch wide dumpling wrappers 30-40 count, one block of pressed tofu, 3 green onions & 1/4 cup water chestnuts finally chopped, 1 1/2 tbl tamari, 2 tsp cornstarch, 1 in knob of ginger peeled & grated, 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil, 2 tsp maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, grape seed oil
1. In a large mixing bowl crumble tofu with the back of a fork or use hands, then add all ingredients except mushrooms. Mix well till all ingredients are incorporated
2. Using a food processor, pulse mushrooms 3x till crumbly.
3. in a large skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil over medium high heat, then add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Heat mushrooms till reduced about 4-5 min
4. When mushrooms cool, add to tofu mix
5. Time to set up dumpling stations: place lightly damp kitchen towel around stack of dumpling wrappers so they don’t dry out, have a small dish of water 1/2 inch high, dumpling filling, and a lined tray for completed dumplings
6. Take one wrapper and wet edges by dipping in water, then place 2 tsp of filling in the center, and fold
7. Now the choice is yours how to fold your dumplings. I folded my dumplings by using a pinch braid technique. You can also just fold your dumplings wrapper in half with the filling and seal. They will taste just as delicious and take way less time!!
8. In non-stick pan or cast-iron heat 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil over medium high heat after about 1 minute add your dumplings.I fit about 12. Cook until lightly browned at the bottom which should take about 2 minutes
9. Using the lid of your pan to protect yourself from oil splatters, add 1/2 cup water, cover with lid and cook dumplings for another 5 to 6 minutes over medium heat
10. Repeat steps eight and nine for the next batch. Serve with a dipping sauce. I used a mixture of tamari, wine vinegar, sesame oil and sweet chili sauce. I just mixed it to taste.
Garlic + Mushroom Spinach Pizza 🍕🌿 by @biancazapatka 🍄
1 batch pizza dough* (1/2 lbs) (gluten-free, if desired)
7 oz spinach (200 g) fresh or frozen
3 garlic cloves
salt, pepper to taste
2/3 cup dairy-free cream cheese* (150 g)
3/4 cup dairy-free cheese (75 g) shredded
1 tbsp olive oil
5 oz mushrooms (150 g)
salt to taste
2 tbsp pine nuts
Heat your oven to 400°F (200°C).Ricotta/ Crème fraîche
Roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin. Place the pizza dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (You can also use a pizza pan or pizza stone).
If using frozen spinach, simply thaw and squeeze the liquid.
If using fresh spinach, bring salted water to a boil in a pot. Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to wilt. Then squeeze the spinach well and chop roughly.
Heat up a little oil in a small pan and roast garlic for 30 seconds while stirring. Then add the cream cheese along with the spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
Spread the spinach cream mixture over your pizza dough followed by vegan cheese.
Bake the pizza for about 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
In the meantime, fry mushrooms in a pan with some oil for 6-8 minutes until golden browned. Add a little salt to taste.
Toast pine nuts in another pan without adding any oil.
When your pizza is done top with mushrooms and pine nuts if using.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Shake 🍦🍫 by @earthyandy 🌴
1 tablespoon cacao
1 tablespoon coconut sugar or 3 medjool dates
1 heaping tablespoon fav nut butter
3 frozen bananas
6 almond or cashew milk ice cubes
1 tsp vanilla
1 scoop high quality vegan protein/probiotic powder
dash fav almond milk (the less you use the thicker it will be!) Blend until smooth. Top with homemade or store bought dairy free chocolate or vanilla ice-cream if going all out! ;)
Potato + “Cheddar” Pierogis 🥔🥟 by @plantifullybased 🌿 Recipe
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup warm water
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
3 russet potatoes
1/3 cup almond milk
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
3 tbsp vegan butter
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 oz vegan cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 vidalia onion
1 cup water
3-5 tbsp vegan butter for pan-frying
Vegan sour cream for serving
1. Peel and chop the potatoes.
2. Thinly slice the onions.
3. In a pot with boiling water add the potatoes and cook for 20-30 mins until fork tender.
4. To caramelize the onions add 1 cup of water into a pan. Add the onions and continuously stir and check on them. Do this at a very low heat.
5. Prepare dough by adding all ingredients into a bowl and using a fork to lightly combine dough together.
6. Once a shaggy dough has formed, spill it out onto a clean surface and begin to knead with hands.
7. This will take about 10 mins and work until a smooth dough is formed. If the dough feels a little dry add in 1 tbsp of water.
8. Once you can form it into a ball let it rest for 15-20 mins. Cover it while it rests so it doesn’t dry out.
9. The potatoes should now be done and you can add drain them.
10. Add in the rest of the filling ingredients except the vegan cheese and mash the potatoes. Get it as fluffy and mashed as possible.
11. Once the potatoes are cooled down you can then add in the vegan cheese. Mix to distribute it evenly.
12. The dough should now be ready to be rolled out. I like to cut it in half and work with it in two pieces.
13. Roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick and then use a mason jar lid, biscuit cutter or glass to cut it into circles. I made very big pierogies about 5-6 inches around. You can make them smaller at around 3 inches if you prefer.
14. Then take a circle and spoon in about 2-3 tsp of filling.
15. Take a bit of water and run it around the edge to help seal it and fold it over.
16. Using your hands and fingers seal the pierogi nice and tight so it does not open up while cooking.
17. Cook the pierogies in salted boiling water for 3-5 mins. They will float to the top when done.
Recipe continued in the comments..