Thai Chopped Salad with Crispy Onions and Peanut Dressing🌿✨ Recipe by @purplecarrotxo plant-based meal delivery.
1 package organic extra firm tofu
1 romaine heart
2 Thai chiles
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp rice vinegar
4 oz coleslaw blend
½ cup crispy onions
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1. Trim and chop the eggplant into 1 inch pieces. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels, then chop into 1 inch cubes. Roughly chop the romaine heart. Thinly slice the scallions. Mince the Thai chiles.
2.Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the eggplant and cook until browned in places, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and return to the plate.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the tofu and a pinch of salt and cook until browned and crispy in places, about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, add the juice from the lime, peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, and ¼ cup warm water. Whisk the peanut dressing until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, combine the chopped romaine, coleslaw blend, just 2 tbsp peanut dressing, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the chopped salad well to combine.
6. Pick the cilantro leaves. Divide the chopped salad onto large plates and top with eggplant, tofu, chiles, and cilantro, and drizzle with the remaining peanut dressing. Top with crispy onions.
Use code VEGANFOODSPOT✨ for $30 off your @purplecarrotxo order! Link in BIO 💫
Creamy Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich 🌿🍃by @peasandcrayons ✨
1 handful of fresh spinach, chopped⠀
1-2 TBSP vegan buttery spread of choice, as needed⠀
salt and pepper, to taste⠀
2 slices of your favorite bread⠀
2 TBSP of your favorite vegan pesto⠀
2 Daiya Swiss Style Slices⠀
First sauté your spinach on medium-high heat with a little buttery spread or oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.⠀
Spread pesto on each slice of bread.⠀
Top one slice with Daiya Swiss Style Slices and sautéed spinach, then top with the other slice, pesto side down.⠀
For an extra golden crust, spread the outside of each slice of bread with vegan buttery spread or coconut oil.⠀
Next heat a pan to medium heat with some extra buttery spread or coconut oil. Once hot, add your sandwich.⠀
Use a spatula to press down on the grilled cheese, and feel free to pop a clear pot lid on top to help melt the slices. Before flipping, add a little more spread/oil if your pan is dry. Pop your lid back on if you're using one and grill each side until golden brown with a melty center.
BBQ Black Bean Meatballs Recipe 🌿🍝 by @foodbymaria ✨
1 cup oat flour, process rolled oats for 30 seconds in food processor⠀
1 cup oats⠀
1 can black beans, strained and drained⠀
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil – plus some for cooking⠀
1 heaped tbsp. tomato paste⠀
season to taste⠀
3 cloves of garlic⠀
1/4 cup white onion, chopped⠀
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped⠀
2 tbsp flax seeds⠀
1 1/2 tbsp. paprika⠀
1 tsp. hot sauce⠀
1 tbsp olive oil⠀
1 medium white onion⠀
3 cloves garlic⠀
season to taste⠀
1 tbsp. hot sauce⠀
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes⠀
1/4 cup white vinegar⠀
2 tbsp coconut sugar⠀
1 tbsp mustard powder⠀
1 tbsp vegan Worcester sauce⠀
1/2 – 1 tsp liquid smoke⠀
2 tbsp. molasses⠀
Garnish with Mint⠀
Pulse your one cup rolled oats in the food processor until a flour forms. Then add the rest of your ingredients into the processor and blend till everything is well combined. You want to ensure there is no loose flour, this is how you know you’re done blending.⠀
Begin rolling into “meat balls” I like using a tbsp. to measure or even a small ice cream scoop. Please note, you’re balls will cook differently depending on the size you roll them. Once your balls are rolled, set them into the fridge while you prepare your BBQ sauce.⠀
Into a medium sized pot add your oil and heat on low for a 1 min. Add your onions and cook for 5 minor until fragrant and translucent. Add your garlic and cook for another min. Add the remainder of your ingredients and simmer on medium for around 10-15 min, stir often to avoid sticking or burning. Taste and ensure it has the flavours you desire. If it’s perfect then remove from heat, once cooled enough to handle use a hand blender to thicken and blend. Set aside.⠀
Into a large non stick pan heat your olive oil for 1 minor so. Add your balls and cook for around 1 minute on each side. Add your desired amount of BBQ sauce to the pot and cook for around 5-6 min, on medium, with lid on, until your balls are cooked throughout. Serve hot. Enjoy!
ORGAIN & BLENDTEC GIVEAWAY✨
Win a 3-month supply of @drinkorgain products and Blendtec blender 🙌🏼
1. Like this post
2. Follow @drinkorgain and @veganfoodspot
3. Tag 3 friends in the comments below
4. The winner will be announced one week from today (August 15).
Use the code VEGANFOODSPOT for 25% off all plant-based protein powder on Orgain.com between today and August 15✨