Did you see the Stories Takeover yesterday by @amaniashawn using new @guytang_mydentity products?! 😮🔥 If you missed it, click the “Takeovers” highlight on our page and you can watch how Amania achieved this incredible coral transformation 🌸 #beautylaunchpad
Would you add anything to this list by @hairbyamybee? 💫 A good list to share with you clients ❤️ #beautylaunchpad
1. Please trust us! We genuinely want to make you happy. If we say we can’t get you to a goal or that your hair won’t do something, it’s truly for your benefit. ❤️
2. Box dye is the devil. Please just don’t.
3. Doing your hair actually costs us a lot of money! Product, tools & supplies are expensive. We have licensing/sales tax expenses & many of us booth rent which can be as much as a mortgage payment. Then there’s education.....which is ex-pen-sive. But in order to do what we do, we get our learn on for you 🤓
4. Prices are non-negotiable. See above. Please don’t make us feel bad for what we charge or when we raise our prices.
5. It’s so helpful if you bring in inspo pictures of people with similar hair thickness & texture as you. A cut & color application can look like night & day on thick hair vs thin hair!
6. Sometimes the application process is a delicate thing. So if you have to move, even after the color is applied, please just let us know so we can pause or direct you! I once had a gal reach forward to grab her purse & then squish her surface painted balayage pretty bad 😖
7. Please look anywhere other than up our nostrils at the shampoo bowl 😂 Also, please keep your head down. If you try to “help” by lifting up your head, chances are you’re going to get a shower down your back 🛀
8. At home care is VITAL. We send you home with products that will extend the life of your color that you just paid good $ for, and that will keep your hair HEALTHY & STRONG! Use them as directed!
9. You are so cared about..... not only as a client, but as a person & friend.
10. How much we truly appreciate you. Seriously. Thank you for everything. Thank you for trusting us with your hair & for bringing us coffee or lunch. Thank you for sharing your lives with us & for good conversation. Thank you for being mindful that this is our livelihood.....for showing up and for being so generous. We see you. Thank you for letting us create our art on your head, & then letting us spend another 20 mins playing dress up & photographing it 😍 Thank you & we ❤ you!
The depth and dimension is gorgeous 🔥🔥🔥 @catherinelovescolor shares how she did it ⤵️ #beautylaunchpad
Pockets ♠️of Depth 〰️
I’m obsessed with dimensional Balayage patterns right now. My brain won’t shut off most days it’s on pattern repeat . 🔁 .
Painted with @oligopro blacklight clay and a dash of cool tone with @olaplex Added. Lowlight @allnutrient 6n and a dash of 8n cpL developer with @olaplex added. Smudge root @redken SEQ 6n/8n and final Gloss 9p and clear.
Shampoo and conditioned with olaplex 4 & 5. .
A tale as old as time... ❌⬛️❌ @folliclefatale#beautylaunchpad
Reasons why not to box dye your hair 🙌🏻 These were both lifted with 20vol, same natural level of dark brown. I understand that getting your hair professionally done is expensive, but here’s why it’s a worth while investment as opposed to doing it at home. Box dye on average costs about $8, but when you get to the point where you need it fixed or removed, getting a color correction generally starts at $300 for most hairstylists. Many box dyes that are darker are metallic dyes, meaning if they can even be lifted out of the hair at all, extreme damage can be caused during your color correction. Us hairstylists are not being snobs about box dye 🙅🏻♀️ We always want your hair to be as healthy as possible, and box dye is the best way to mess up your mane. 🦁 If you’re worried about money and that’s why you’re leaning to box dye, consult with your stylist about a low maintenance color 🙏🏻 And when we say something isn’t possible for your hair, trust us. Any questions? Ask below! ⬇️