cacio e pepe stove-top macaroni and cheese. first step, toast a bunch of black peppercorns on the stove. then, make the cheesiest most delicious macaroni and cheese (parmesan gives hella flavor and a lil mozzarella contributes to the cheesiness). super simple (maybe takes 20 min) but ultimate😋😋😋 recipe link in profile.
i'm home from colombia 🇨🇴 (amelia and i are about to go for a run). s/o to @nespressousa for the most beautiful trip to colombia--can't wait to share more from the trip! 🙏🏽🇨🇴🙏🏽🇨🇴 BUT now i'm planning a trip to mexico city 🇲🇽 next month. i can't wait. leave ur recs below. i already bought tickets to see luis barragan house. and i couldn't get a rez for pujol :( BUT dats ok. tell me what i should do/see. it'll be my first time there!
and here are some pancakes (fluffy AF cornbread blueberry pancakes) you should make this weekend, link in profile
a little sneak peak of the (finally) finished kitchen! ALSO today i announced the second book of #cozybookclub we're gonna read #americanah from @chimamanda_adichie i'm stuck in the airport so i'm starting the book rnnnn. more on the blog!
On the blog, there’s a recipe for the quickest sweet potatoes that are made in this @Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven from @macys. If you’ve never used an air fryer, you’re in for a treat—it cooks things very quickly, easily and uses less oil. I served it with a green shakshouka that I baked in simple, cute @Corningware dishes. Perfect to eat with a cup of coffee in my @denbypotteryusa mug #sponsored
#cozybookclub update is on the blog where we're discussing #littlefireseverywhere i loved this book so very much 😍😍😍 i also made a recipe inspired from the book: cinnamon toast crunch rice krispy treats (best eaten a little warm)😋 this is inspired by one of my favorite moments: when mia makes izzy some cinnamon toast 🍞 recipe and discussion link in my profile. thanks so much for reading along. i loved all of your DMs about the book. 💌
cupcakes with a little heart surprise on the inside 💌 these took a few tries to get right (remember the fail on the insta stories?!). but finally nailed it and they're all ready for your making-enjoyment. the little hearts are red velvet flavored (light chocolate flavor) enveloped in fluffy white cake. recipe link in profile!
🍓strawberry conversation heart cake that tastes SO much better than the candy bc the candy is 🤮 strawberry frosting on a strawberry cake. also it took me like lots of hours and lots of curse words to finally get the buttercream writing legible. i share my secrets/tips for that on the blog, too. recipe on the blog! 👊🏽
file under things to make: @mymoroccanfood made my CC cookies 🍪 and added some ras el hanout and topped them with dried rose 🥀 petals and flaky salt! link to the CC 🍪recipe in my profile. go to @mymoroccanfood’s profile for exact measurements on the additions! 🍪❤️🍪
My favorite breakfasts are ones that are quick, simple and healthy-ish (sometimes). This is a new favorite of mine. Crispy spiced sweet potatoes that I baked up in my @Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven from @macys. I topped these spiced sweet potatoes with a scoop of green shakshouka that I baked in this v cute @corningware dish. This air fryer is a must-have for your wedding registry because it cooks things SO quickly and well. 👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽#ad
recipe for corn and poblano pepper queso 🧀 fundido for Game Day on the blog! check my insta stories for step-by- step in making this cheesy-good-time! choose to be a #DesignatedRider with @uber on Game Day (and anytime dranks are involved) bc being safe is a major key 🔑 make sure you call @uber this Sunday to be V V safe and responsible. link to recipe in my profile! #WhereTo
i feel like january has been the longest month EVER 🤔 how is it still january?! i dunno. but tomorrow isn’t SO i did a lil' round up of all the cozy things you should make in the month of february. it includes lots of things for the game 🏈 this sunday, some v-day 💌stuff and other delicious things, like this baked veggie ziti for two with a gigantic ball of burrata on top BC LOVE 💕 link in profile
winter citrus is thriving rn. this pound cake gets its airiness thanks
to four eggs from 🍳@incredibleegg that are added to this pound cake batter. blood orange zest 🍊 is mixed with the butter and sugar for ultimate citrus vibes. and the blood orange glaze on top helps too! that’s how i like my eggs #howdoyoulikeyoureggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted
butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
Zest from 1 blood orange (about 1
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons fresh blood orange
2 tablespoons milk
1 blood orange, sliced, as garnish
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 6-cup bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, salt and baking
powder. Set aside. To the bowl of a stand-up mixer with the paddle attachment (you
can also do this in a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer), add the softened butter, sugar and blood orange zest; beat for about 5 minutes, until pale in color.
2. Mix in one egg at a time, being sure each egg is incorporated before adding another. Turn mixer to high and beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
3. Fold flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Pour the pound cake batter into the prepared bundt pan and transfer to the oven to bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then invert onto a cooling rack. While the pound cake is cooling, whisk together the powdered sugar, blood orange juice and milk. If glaze is too thick, add the additional tablespoon of juice. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and garnish with blood orange slices.
put an egg 🍳 on anything and i’ll happily eat it! i made these chorizo potato-fried egg tostadas with @incredibleegg that are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner…they’d even be great for “linner” aka late dinner (mariah carey’s favorite meal) #sponsored
1 link of chorizo, casing removed
1 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup of baby spinach
2 green onions, trimmed and sliced, plus more for garnish
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
Pinch of cayenne
3 to 4 tostada shells (I fried tortillas in few teaspoons of oil until crispy)
2 large eggs, poured into a small bowl
1/2 jalapeño, sliced, as garnish
1 radish, sliced, as garnish
1. To a medium skillet, set over medium heat, Add the chorizo to and break it up into crumbles, cooking it until firm, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and set aside. The chorizo should’ve left some juices and fat—keep it in the pan! To the same skillet, add the potatoes, spinach and green onion; mix with the remaining oil and add a few pinches of salt. Mix in the cumin, paprika and cayenne. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Turn the heat down to low and add the reserved chorizo.
2. Meanwhile, to a small non-stick skillet, add a teaspoon of oil. When hot, pour in the egg and cook until the edges are crispy and the yolk is set.
3. To assemble, add a few tablespoons of the chorizo/potato mixture to the tostada. Top with the fried egg and garnish with slices of radishes, sliced jalapeños and some more green onions. Serve immediately.
im contributing to the #nationalchocolatecakeday content 🍫🍰 on the internet by showing you this sno ball cake that i made awhile ago and it was 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 this chocolate cake is the base for all my chocolate cakes bc i can make it in one bowl and it's very easy and chill. the coconut was rolled in a little food dye and the frosting is homemade marshmallow fluff ☁️ ✌🏽☁️✌🏽☁️✌🏽☁️ link in profile to recipe 😬
oatmeal chocolate cookie success 🍪 is there anything more depressing than picking up an oatmeal cookie and then realizing it actually has raisins in it instead of chocolate chips?!!? NO 😒 oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe on the blog, link in profile! 🍪✌🏽🍪
COOKIE FAIL 😏🍪 oatmeal chocolate chip cookie drama from yesterday. the cookie dough looked so unassuming and tasted delicious. swipe right to see the tragic "after" photo lol 😂😭😂😭 trying again tomorrow...wish me luck! 🙏🏽